Took the apartment interior and created noise with it.
Color picked from the noise and gestured what I saw in my head.
Added the feet to create story for the piece.
Decided it was still pretty bare, so I added blood as a compositional element.
I felt it was still too empty, so I started adding bodies. Faces are details, so as you can I see left painting the main character for the very end.
Here I knew the feet were the 2nd thing we looked at, but they told nothing about the story of zombies, so I changed it to a corpse.
Here are some close ups of a few key areas to let you see how loose a lot of it is. Only highly refining essential points within the composition, without going so far as to make it look perfect - this will take away the energy of the brush stroke, which is very important for a painting like this.
Thanks guys! Look forward to this week. :)